Friday, January 25, 2008

Time for Tea

I've been drinking lots of black tea recently, under the guise of "research" for another project I'm working on.

I grew up in a tea-drinking household. My Dad, who was raised by Scots, drank nothing else. Not even water.

This pause for tea, in the midst of a busy afternoon, is a lovely respite. Even my lovably grumpy twenty-something art director has been enjoying it.

While I can slam back a tall non fat sugar free vanilla extra hot cappucino in less time than it took me to write that, I'm forced to sip tea slowly.

Tea holds the heat.

And because it takes you longer to drink a cup of tea, when you do so in the company of others, it forces conversation.

So now I know all sorts of things about my art director partner which I didn't know before.

That's it. Only that some things are made to be shared --like tea and conversation. Make yourself a cup.

2 comments:

Hez said...

I'm a tea granny big time! Love the tea. :) Let's have a cup together sometime soon.

©km said...

I've been drinking too much tea these past few weeks. I'm actually looking forward to some good coffee.

But I'll have a cup of tea with you when I get back.

Just not Chai.