Friday, January 4, 2008

Moving on

Moving always requires careful planning and a lot of thought. I'm trying to mitigate the pain by doing a little every day.

Yesterday I contacted my insurance company and a few of the utilities to notify them of the move and to ensure I had overlapping services at my old and new place during the month of February.

Imagine if your job involved answering the phone all day and talking to people about their insurance coverage? I'd have to put a bullet in my head.

Wendy, the exceedingly pleasant woman at Meloche Monnex not only has to talk about extended water damage endorsements and acts of God, she is also forced, by law, to read their privacy statement verbatim to anyone soliciting a quote.

It must have been half a page long. It was all about permission to use my personal information to provide quotes for their products and services.

Ridiculous really. Why else would I be calling them. I wonder what she would have said if I'd said, "no".

Anyway, when she was done, I said, "God, you must hate doing that". She giggled. Who wouldn't?

I'm very grateful for MY job today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would love a job where everything was just read from a script and I could know what someone would be saying halfway down the page.