Thursday, January 24, 2008

Serenity

Serenity is not freedom from the storm,
but peace within the storm.


I'm working on a big project with multiple stakeholders. Multiple stakeholders with big personalities and, in some cases, big egos.

It's hard not to get caught up in the feeding frenzy.

You find out a lot about yourself in these situations.

How you respond to competition. Your appetite for praise. And blame. And what constitutes success in your eyes.

You also discover who, if anyone, you'd like to share a leaky boat, a desert island or a crashing plane with.

Here's to peace within the storm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog. I don't know you, and I'm not a fan of leaky boats (didn't you ever see Jaws?) but I bet you would be stout with the bailer.

©km said...

I can't believe my anonymous commenter has switched from my blog to yours. Must be the pictures.


I hate the word "stakeholders"