Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Today I am....

  • Wearing underwear with bad elastics, because all the good stuff is packed.
  • About to start my course of anti-malarials.
  • Getting that fluttery butterfly feeling that comes from embarking on a big trip.
  • Getting seriously excited about the "work" portion of the trip, which looks like it will not only involve school visits, but a journey to meet flood victims and learn how CARE's emergency preparedness training helped several villages mitigate disaster.
  • Resigned to the fact that if I get gored by a rhino, anyone who comes to muck out my house will take one look at my floor think I didn't own a vacuum cleaner.
  • Missing my cat, even though it's only been one day.
  • Excited about being back on the dark continent.
  • Eating what's leftover in my fridge. Today's morning snack: smoked oysters.
  • Giddy for two weeks without deadline.
  • Getting ready to leave tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a fabulous trip!

wendywalnut said...

ooohhhhhh i can't wait to hear how it goes!!!!! yay ML, feliz viaje!!