Monday, November 2, 2009

Tyrone

The guy at the front of the line at Cabbagetown's Tim Horton's was big. But his friend was even bigger.

They were both wearing bomber jackets that said SECURITY in big red letters across the back. They were easily 6' 6".

His friend looked like he could have bench-pressed me without breaking a sweat. His bald head glistened. I might have crossed to the other side of the street if we'd met after dark.

Yet when front of the line guy turned to his buddy and said, "What can I get for you, Tyrone?", Tyrone said, "Peppermint Tea."

"Anything else?" his friend asked.

"A bran muffin," Tyrone replied.

I thought my heart was going to burst out of my body.

4 comments:

Blodwynn said...

That's an awesome way to start Monday.

Ryan McNeil said...

I see your bran muffin and raise you a cranberry scone. Had Tyrone ordered that, it would have been the best day ever.

Jillian said...

<3 Tyrone and his burly friend!

Hez said...

Tyrone and I go way back. We share a love of tea, bran muffins and fuzzy kittens.