Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Things I'm Grateful For Today

A sunny weekend without any humidity.

A clean house.

Last night's delicious dinner of homemade Thai Red Curry.

The invention of ginger ice cream.

A four day work week.

Finishing The Time Traveller's Wife -- an engrossing and compelling read.

Making my way through Season Five of Six Feet Under -- one of the best written shows on television. Ever.

The end of the garbage strike.

Cracking the spine on a fresh, new book.

The fact that Lady Bug is getting her exhaustpipeectomy today, and she'll be good as new.

My co-worker gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on Thursday and everyone is happy and healthy.

My health.

Eight work days until my next vacation. Woo hoo.

2 comments:

Blodwynn said...

I'm grateful that I have you as my forever friend.

Hez said...

OMG - so many things to comment on!

1)LOVED Time Traveller's Wife. Very good. I hope the movie is as good.

2)Cracking into a new book - fabulous. Did the same just yesterday with a good summer read - "The Last Summer of You and Me".

3)Loved Six Feet Under, too. Although, I can't help but think of the main dude as Dexter now.

4)CONGRATS to your coworker! Do I know her? Awww... babies.