Thursday, December 11, 2008

The best medicine

David Sedaris was funny. Really funny.

And from our spot in the fourth row, centre, we could see him smile wryly as he read. He's got the shy, observant neurotic down pat.

Massey Hall was full. It has a seating capacity of 2,800, so that's a lot of people to come out to see a humourist.

At the end of the reading, he took some questions.

What I really wanted to ask him -- and I didn't -- was whether he'd come to work with me today and pretend to be my best friend. That would have been the best. Could you imagine me going from office to office saying, "Ya, um, just wanted to introduce you to my best friend. Maybe you've heard of him. He's DAVID SEDARIS!"

Ya. Don't think I'm cool enough to pull that one off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are totally cool enough to have pulled that off... and I bet he would have done it too!