Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Some fun, huh Bambi?

I've been working on some print ads for Disneyworld Resort Vacations this week.

The strong Canadian dollar means that it's now cheaper than ever to take your family of four to Disneyworld.

This is great, provided you have a family of four -- which, happily, many people do.

I am, quite unequivocally, a sucker for all things Disney. I might just adopt me three other people and take advantage of this great deal.

I've been to the parks in LA, Florida and Tokyo. The latter, incidentally, was the only place you could get both hot dogs and egg salad sandwiches in Japan. You haven't lived until you've heard the Country Bear Jamboree in rapid fire Japanese.

During our Briefing session earlier this week, we discovered that all of us, without exception, had our first brush with mortality thanks to the good people at Disney.

For the older ones, it was Bambi.

"Don't turn around, Bambi. Don't turn around." I can remember looking up at my Mother in the dark of The Bay cinema in North Bay, Ontario. Did someone really shoot Bambi's Mother?

Who can forget Travis cocking the rifle and getting ready to shoot Old Yeller? I'm tearing up just thinking about it.

The younger ones have vivid memories of a sobbing Simba pulling the paw of his dead father around his quivering shoulder.

Personally, I still haven't recovered from Dumbo's Mother's incarceration in the wild elephant jail. This scene is cited by a number of sources as one of the scariest movie moments ever.

Do you have a Disney moment to share?

3 comments:

©km said...

We never had Disney anything when I was growing up.... Just what came through the TV antenna from about 1978 on. I've never seen Bambi. Really.
All my childhood memories are about Sesame Street.. those Conjunction Junction jokers.. and Looney Tunes. I didn't know who most of those characters were the first time I went to Wonderland in the early 80's.

Hez said...

The Fox and the Hound! "I'm a hounddog! OWooooooooo!" Sorry. Just love that movie. I had Fox and the Hound bedsheets.

Anonymous said...

True Story with photographic evidence: A self-proclaimed "super ditzy" friend of mine was at Disney in Florida and decided to ride Space Mountain. She had never been on a roller coaster before. She was wearing a tube top.

Anyhoo, she proceeded to scream her way through the darkness that is Space Mountain, and emerged to the spot at the end where they "click" take your photo. When the ride rolled to a stop back out in the light, she realized that her tube top had worked its way to her waist. Sure enough, the photo, courtesy of Disney, showed her with her arms thrown in the air as she wore her tube top like a belt.

It's true, I've seen the photo.