Friday, March 19, 2010

The Jesus Agency

I interrupt my silence to bring you this.

This Anglican Church that I pass on my way to work every morning has been having some fun with its signboard over the past few weeks.

A few days ago it read: Come in for Happy Hour. Sundays 8:30 and 10:30.

Then: Now open between Easter and Christmas.

It reminds me of an old God campaign. You probably remember it, too.

Can you imagine the price of air if it was brought to you by another supplier?
~God

What do I need to do to get your attention? Take out an ad in the paper>?
~God

How can you possibly be a self-made man? I can specifically recall making you.
~God

Tell the kids I love them.
~God

Let's meet at my house, Sunday before the game.
~God

C'mon over and bring the kids.
~God

What part of "Thou shalt not" don't you understand?
~God

We need to talk.
~God

Loved the wedding. Invite me to the marriage.
~God

Big bang theory. You've got to be kidding.
~God

You think it's hot here.
~God

Don't make me come down there.
~God.

No comments: