Friday, February 26, 2010

No Accidents

I attended a client lunch yesterday with a few of our senior people and a few of theirs. We were invited to hear the President of one of the most respected international development agencies talk about girl power. How investing in girls pretty much guarantees a country's economy will improve.

Just look at Canada's medal count. See how many are won by the ladies. See what I mean? Girls rock.

Anyhow. That's not the point of the story.

So, we listen to the Prez's inspiring message. We eat our delicious lunch. And then we have some casual chit chat with other people at the table. Big table. Maybe 12 of us.

Across the table, one of the guys says to me.

Franny? Franny Glass?

Yes.

It's me. Insert name of high school boyfriend here.

Oh. my. god.

Everyone at the table stops talking.

Someone who I haven't seen in maybe 25 years, is seated at the same table as me. At an event that he was invited to about 15 minutes before it started.

Crazy. Crazy. Crazy.

1 comment:

WendyWoo said...

So what happened after that?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?
(On blog catch-up detail...)