Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Communication Week 2010

I have been having more than my share of difficult and awkward conversations recently. The harder I try to avoid conflict or hurt feelings or adding to people's workload, the more miserably I fail.

It feels crappy.

Sure there are plenty of mitigating factors that are influencing the dialogue -- everything from the global economic meltdown to a lean, mean creative-producing machine. But it's sent my "save the world" button into hyper-speed.

I want to hold everything and everyone over my head like the Grinch's sleigh, when his heart grows a billion sizes.

It's not going to happen. And trying actually makes things worse in some cases.

So I give up. Not in a nihilistic way. Not at all. But in a "I trust you, universe" kind of way.

I can't control the pieces. Hell, I don't even understand all the pieces. But I know that my intention is good. So maybe I'll just get out of my own way and let nature take its course.

Hopefully that will make this the end of what I've jokingly referred to as, Communication Week 2010.

1 comment:

Blodwynn said...

Is there something I can do sweets?

;)