Monday, January 18, 2010

My Favourite Things #1

I make a point of buying one new item every time I go grocery shopping. It's a way to avoid shopping cart complacency and its a challenge to keep things fresh and new. A couple of years ago, Clover Leaf's brand of spicy thai chili tuna made its way into my grocery cart.

The first thing I noticed was how convenient it was. The pull-top lid makes it easy to get inside. It's the perfect size for a lunch bag.

But the taste. Holy cow.

It's so deliciously spicy and zippy (helped, in part, by a large chili in each can) that as soon as I tried it, I grew worried that it would be pulled from the shelves lest it offend the bland Canadian palate.

The best part is that this tuna can liven up a green salad like nobody's business. You won't even need salad dressing.

Haven't tried it? Now's the perfect time to give it a whirl. Sobey's has it on sale for .88¢. I bought ten cans on the weekend.

3 comments:

Blodwynn said...

It's on my deserted island list.
The spicy peanut is awesome and the lemon + pepper is orgasmic.

Every time I would leave Toronto to go back home, I swear U.S. customs wondered what the hell I was really smuggling.

My only grievance, bigger cans. (the tuna that is)

Anonymous said...

What's the nutritional on this? Isn't it fatty?

Blodwynn said...

Only 4 Grams of fat per can.

(mostly the good fats and omega's)